- Date and place of birth: 20 April 1953, Valea Ungurasului, Cluj County;
- Civil status: married, 1 child.
Education; scientific degrees
- Faculty of Law - "Babes-Bolyai" University, Cluj-Napoca
- member of the PD;
- 2001 - vice-president of the PD;
- 1994 - president of the Bistrita-Nasaud County PD Organisation;
- 1996-1998 - minister of waters, forests, and environmental protection.
- deputy since 1990;
- 1999-2000 secretary of the Committee for Public Administration, Territorial Development, and Environmental Balance;
- 2000-2004 - president of the Committee for Public Administration, Territorial Development, and Environmental Balance;
- 2000-2004 - member of the Romania-Australia, Romania-Venezuela, and Romania-China friendship parliamentary groups.
- Profession: jurist
- 1996-1999 chief legal adviser, UJCM Bistrita-Nasaud;
- 1989-1990 president of the UJCM Bistrita-Nasaud;
- 1992-1996 chief legal adviser of the Bistrita-Nasaud County Council.